Saturday, August 06, 2011

Smoky Mountains

We went on a vacation with Nana to the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee and had a blast! Dad even got to come with us because school is out for the summer!
We spent one day hiking up to Clingmans Dome which is the highest point in Tennesee. Ezekiel and I spent more time complaining...it was a steep hike! Mom and dad brought the stroller for Micah but Z and I took turns riding in it while Micah got to ride in the pouch.

Our resort had mini golf that we got to play every day!

Ezekiel and I had lots of fun dueling in our swim gear!
One day we went to an amusement park and got to ride trains, planes and all kinds of stuff! We even got to ride the go-carts! I rode with Mom and Ezekiel rode with Dad.


The place we stayed at also had a spray park that I loved!
But my all time favorite past time is swimming! On our last day we got to choose where to go and I chose the pool with Dad while everyone else went to Parrot Mountain.
We loved cartoons and treats!
Another night we went hunting for lightening bugs! Mom read about some syncronized lightening bugs in Tennessee and after finally locating the place at 10:00pm we found out that we had missed the show by a week or two. We still had fun catching them at this visitor center and it was a real adventure staying up so late!
We celebrated the 4th of July on our vacation too. It was pretty uneventful, we didn't hear or see a single firework but we did wear our flag shirts!
We played lots of games...
...and ate lots of ice cream!
I can get used to this vacation stuff!

No comments: